Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Holy Crap!

I was at my local quilt shop tonight to start my latest block of the month project when I found out that my block I told you about earlier won a prize in their local competition. 2nd place for Viewer's Choice!!!! I was second only to a woman who publishes quilt books (which I can totally deal with). The prize I was initially going for was for the most pieces, which I didn't win. There was a postage stamp block with quarter inch squares (407 in total) which I'm assuming won.

This is the first thing I've won with my quilting and I have to tell you I'm pleased as punch. Along with an incredibly useful gift certificate, I also got a fat quarter and a spool of thread (both of which I will be sure to use).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

That is way too cool! Congratulations - although I have to admit that I am surprised you've not won other things because your quilting is beautiful!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home