Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Garage Sale Finds

Last weekend (I know its Thursday - it was a fast week), the mister and I went to a couple garage sales. When we do this our strategy is fairly consistent. We go through the local newspaper looking for the potentially good garage sales (key words: estate, moving, downsizing). We then will stop at any other garage sales along the route.

Beside finding some uninteresting things that we need for our house (shop vac, gardening tools). I also found a pile of embroidery at one sale. I got a dresser set for next to nothing.


I also found this hankerchief. Its not too often you see embroidery with a duck on it.


What am I going to do with this? One idea came from the book
Make Your Own Contemporary Quilts. It has lots of different ideas for using different collections of textiles. Laural has a great review of this book. I've been collecting embroidery for quite a while now to do something similar to this quilt. I don't think however that I'll be able to cut up the dresser set - its much to pretty.

(photo by Laural)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Isn't it fun to find those items that seem to have disappeared from our culture? The dresser set is cute and the handkerchief with the duck is gorgeous. It looks like there is a lot of work in that...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home