Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Any Suggestions?

Last spring I went to the Textile Museum of Canada's Yardage Sale. It's their annual fundraiser where people donate fabric, books and notions which they sell for amazing prices. This was the first year I went, and I was really impressed with what was there.

One thing that I picked up was a panel of painted fabric. It has some damage but I couldn't pass up the elephants.


I want to hang it up but I can't really think of a good way. The edges are a little rough so I can't sew it around something. It's also too big to fit in between a poster sized frame from Michaels (I was hoping to just squish it between glass. I saw what Bella Dia did with her fabric panels on foam core, but I don't really want to use adhesive on the panel.

Does anyone have any slightly inexpensive ideas? I would love to hear them.

2 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

What a lovely piece! I bet it was a fun sale to shop at.

I wish I had some brilliant idea on how to hang it tho'

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often hang quilts by sewing loops to the back and inserting a dowel along the length (either so it is visibile above, or hidden behind). Would that work?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home