Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

That Damn Book Thing

Sara invited others to do this, and since I read way too many books...

One book that changed your life: I think the title is Quick Classic Quilts. This is book that started me quilting, and the first one I made a quilt from.

One book that you've read more than once: I don't usually reread books, but I want to read One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez again - I don't think I appreciated it as much the first time as I should have


One book you'd want on a desert island: This is the hardest question I think. It would have to be something epic (ie large). A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry, The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, anything by Margaret George, Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - wait, that's more than one book :)

One book that made you laugh: Hapiness by Will Ferguson, J Pod by Douglas Copeland.

One book that made you cry: I read a trilogy by Marie Laberge - a Quebec author. In the third book, one of the characters I "lived" with died - of course I read this part on the commuter train.

One book that you wish had been written: A simple book on home design.

One book you wish had never been written: Sorry, can't think of any (I'm pretty easy going when it comes to books)

One book you are currently reading: I'm reading Please, Mr. Einstein by Jean-Claude Carriere. It's basically conversations about physics and philosophy. It's a slow read, but not too shabby.


One book you've been meaning to read: I'm collecting a series of books by Jack Whyte which centers around Camelot. I almost have the whole series so I can start reading them.

Instead of tagging people, since I just started blogging. If you would like to do this meme, write me a comment and I'll come check it out on your blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for playing! You do read some interesting books...

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home