Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Procrastination

There's nothing like looking out my window and loving the view. Since we just moved in June, each of the seasons holds something new which makes me love our house even more. Right now, its the vibrant colours of our trees.



We have a birch and a maple tree in our front yard. I'm really loving our maple just for its red leaves. The maples at my parents are mostly orange and yellow - it's not very often I see red trees.

Besides procrastinating by looking our my window, I've been procrastinating with my quilting. Instead of quilting this...

I've made this block instead.



I picked up the landscape as a kit on our honeymoon to Banff and Jasper. Outside of Banff National Park, there a mountain range called The Three Sisters which is shown on this quilt. It's put together with fusible web, which was really easy, but now I'm afraid to machine quilt it. This however has happened before, the last quilt I machine quilted sat for over a year before I got the courage to quilt it. It's funny that I can piece/applique most projects without hesitation, but machine quilting scares me to death. You can do something but the perfectionist in your head makes you think that it's going to get screwed up and then the entire quilt will be ruined. I keep thinking that I should take a class and that might help with my confidence, but I still haven't gotten around to it.

There's really only one thing to do... take a deep breath and start quilting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home