Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Finding Balance

It seems that a post a week is about all that I can manage lately. When I started this, I was hoping to do about 3 a week but I'm finding there's not much time in the evening once I get home and I don't even have kids! I'm really impressed by the people who finding a balance that works for them and are able to blog quite regularly. I'm sure my balance will come in time.

This week, I'm very excited since I've joined a swapping group called
Chain of Hearts. It's a crazy quilting group where you make 6 inch hearts that are embellished to swap. Right now I have two naked hearts that need some embroidery and two more foundations that I can piece on.


It's interesting how I seem to be attracted to a lot of crafting by hand lately. When we were in the apartment, I was quilting in our dining room, which is essentially part of the main room. I was in the center of all the action and could cook and sew at the same. In our house, now that I have my very own sewing room (which I still love). I'm finding it harder to do other things around the house and sew at the same time and so quilting is seems to be taking a back seat.

Right now, I'm off to scrub my bathtub and wash some fabric. See you next weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Finding balance is hard - and I find it varies from week to week...

Love the hearts you are going to enjoy doing the hand work on those.

2:01 PM  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Melissa both of your blank hearts look good. I am looking forward to being able to swap with you soon. Maureen

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home