Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Go figure

I have a nice quiet Sunday morning to make an entry and the internet was down. Oh well, it was one less thing to deal with this weekend. I was quite impressed with myself. I was really impressed with myself. It was 10:00 in the morning and looking around there wasn’t much to do. What did I do with myself you might ask? I started my next block of the month and I put the finishing touches on my hearts, which are now ready for swapping.



The main reason why I was finishing all of my chores early was because I went to a benefit concert in the afternoon. There is a 250+ year old oak tree which has been slated to be cut down to expand a road in Oakville. Since the name of my fair town means “town of oaks”, the residents are trying to save the tree. The city has made a compromise where if $343 000 is raised, the road will be diverted around the tree. The performers at the concert were two locals, ohbijou from Toronto and Sarah Harmer (she’s quite famous in Canada). I hadn’t heard anything by ohbijou before but I really liked them. I like Sarah’s music but hearing her live was amazing. It was a really intimate concert with about 500 people there. The sound may have been a little funky partially because we were in a gym, and the sound guys were probably volunteers. To save a tree, it was a great concert and a really relaxing weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gerry said...

You hearts are so pretty. The top heart with the beads, and 'greenery' is just darling.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh, your hearts are so pretty! Like the beads you used on them..

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice said
Love your butterfly heart.
I guess I will have to get busy and make a heart if I want to exchange with you.
8:57 AM

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home