Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Project Spectrum Postcard Swap - July

As I mentioned before, I love making miniature quilts. They're so much quicker that making a regular-sized quilt, and you can try out so many different techniques.

I signed up for my first swap at
Project Spectrum. Sara from New Hampshire and I swapped purple postcards. After much waiting (blast no mail on statutory holidays) I finally received Sara's beautiful postcard with embellished fabric. Sara also included purple jar openers that whe made as well.

This is the postcard that I sent her. My first try at drawing while quilting . The first leaf was a little nerve-wracking but the second was pretty easy.

I also sent some charm squares of purple (what else?) fabrics I've been collecting.

Thank you Sara!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I am glad it arrived safely! And, now I can post photos on my blog. I had a lot of fun creating that postcard and it was the first time I worked with beads.

I will be looking forward to reading your blog - and learning more about you and seeing your beautiful work.

The postcard you sent me was fabulous.

9:48 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Wow! That quilted postcard is lovely!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home