Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

TAST: Herringbone stitch

My stash of embellishments doesn't include a lot of different threads, most embroidery floss - so I'll definately make my samplers colourful!


I played with the sizes, number of strands of floss, weaving other floss in, couching down ribbon, different double herringbones and adding different accent stitches. Some stitches are still looking a little bare - I may go back and add more.

I'm already looking forward to the next stitch...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa,
You have done a great job. I am very new at this and never done these stitches before. I am going to practice a few more days then I will post my finished project.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like what you've done here. I'm still trying to decide. LOL. I love the color. It really defines the stitches.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did really well! I like all the different ways you worked that stitch...I think it is an interesting stitch.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, just read your comment on Elizabet's blog now. Iypnrl
t's such a pain being a perfectionist isn't it?
I'm never satisfied with anything I do. Been looking at your blog and enjoyed what you are doing. I love herringbone.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see I'm not even satisfied with the way my comment looks. How on earth did my word verification get mixed in with the comment?

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa, I love the yellow and blue, it has a sort of Scottish tartan look to it.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How interesting these look! The blue and yellow is really a stunning seam, and I love the picot-edged ribbon - adds a nice dimension.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home