Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wednesday already?

Wow, I can’t believe how quickly this week is going. Similar to other people, there’s been some internet problems at our house, so I’m posting at work without pictures (sorry).

Last weekend we enjoyed the balmy November weather. Walking around in a t-shirt and no coat was really wrong but it felt so good! We finished up our yard work including The Great Bonsai Experiment of 2006. There is a mulberry tree at our door which was a little out of control. It was big and blocked our path so everyone (except me – I’m 5 feet tall) had to walk on the grass to get around it. On Sunday, we chopped it off about 8 inches above the graft. The hope is that the branches will sprout from there and we will have a lovely short under control mulberry tree. If not, the hubby didn’t like it anyway so we’ll get something new. I’ll keep you posted.

Other than that, all my projects are carrying on. I’ve been English paper piecing and making hearts to swap. I may even start quilting
this quilt – I have accumulated all the threads I needed. The goal was to have it done for some Christmas parties, but that’s 2 and a half weeks away. I’ve been hesitating when it came to quilting this, but my nerve is slowly building (very slowly). Maybe tonight…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home