Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Preparing for Christmas - mentally at least

Winter (and Christmas) is fast approching. There's been a smattering of snow flakes but nothing that accumulating. I'm really looking forward to the first real snowfall. I love the great big giant flakes that just glow at night - hopefully they'll arrive before Christmas. Our Christmas ornaments aren't quite out yet but I've been decorating in my head, thinking about where to put different things around the house. Hopefully I'll manage to put some decorations up this week. I'll keep you posted.

I have however been able to finish two more hearts to swap with the Chain of Hearts. I've started to do some stitches with beads which I really like the effect of.


From my travels in blog land, I think I'm going to have to take
Sharon's on-line embroidery class. The samples are amazing and I would love to get the confidence to combine stitches to create a whole new layer to my work.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if Blogger beta has most of the bugs worked out of it. I don't think I'll be able to hold out for very much longer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

You are really doing such beautiful work! I just love both of those hearts...and working with beads is so great!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Both hearts are very nicely done. I really like the little butterflies on the bottom one, and am trying to figure out how you made them. =)

As for Beta, I'd wait until there's no choice, if what you have is working fine for you.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love the bottom one.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home