Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Take it Further - Admiration

I have submitted before February! This is the first (and hopefully not the last) submission for Sharons Take it Further. The first theme asks who do you admire and why.

At first I found this a little difficult. A name didn't pop up right away - I had one idea but it wasn't developing very well. My next idea came and stayed. This may be a cliche, but I really admire all of these crafters who are able to accomplish so much in they're lives. We all have our own list of these people (and they may even overlap), but these are the one who are crafty, creative, have beautiful families, blog and the million other things that they do. Some days may go smoother than others but there's always a grace in what they do.

My inspiration came from the illustrations by Tomie dePaola in a children's book called The Clown of God. It still needs a bit of finishing but the main parts are done.

The background is tiny bits of cut up fabric quilted under toile. Each ball is done differently. I tried a few new things, and some old tricks as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Very interesting challenge! I love Tomie dePaola. Excellent inspiration. =)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Meg in Tennessee said...

I like your TIF piece, I think with crafting a lot of people make things that make them happy. Your piece conveys that to me. AND..the frog stitch seems to be my most used stitch!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Great idea and brilliant execution with each being different. With the arms placed as they are you mangaged to stop the balls flying off the page.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I see we were sort of on the same track here :)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home