Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Weekend of New

This has been an exciting (and busy) weekend. First I got a new toy. My very own embelishing machine (a Pfaff)- I played with it a bit, but I need to sit down and really try things. For those who don't know what this does, it "felts" fabrics together in a very similar fashhion to needle felting, only with a motor. I really loved what it did to ribbon (flat ribbon became ruched!).


I also went to a free(!) bookbinding workshop but on by the Church of Craft at The Workroom. This was my first trip there and it was a beautiful, creative space.

Here's my book. It was really easy to make. The cover is a postcard, and we used random paper (including from deconstructed books) for the pages. I have a feeling more books will be coming in the future...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you for your comment on my tatting blog http://sharonstattedlace.blogspot.com/
I am looking for places nearby where I can teach tatting, preferrably on a long term basis I DO have access to studio space in a pottery shop in Brampton which is not a great fit cross-crafting wise like a yarn shop would be and in addition to my teaching costs patrons have to pay a $3.00 studio fee which gets pricey on an on-going basis. I can teach anyone who wants to learn from my home. Contact information is also on my blog.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home