Frog Stitch

My blog about quilting, crafting and other random things I come across.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Beginning 2008

After a brief sabbatical (that's what I'm calling it) and Christmas holidays, I think I'm ready to blog again.

The thing I love about blogs is the openess and sharing of ideas and inspiration. I thought since I'm tapping into this great resource, I needed to give a little back. I knew blogging was work, but I think my ideas about my blog were on the grandiose size - being inspired by many of my favourite, beautiful blogs. I found that blogging slowly began to be a chore, and I was getting disappointed and a bit overwhelmed with other commitments - and so the sabbatical.

Now 2008 has begun, and the amazing Sharon has started a new challenge called Take it Forward. This is a monthly challenge and all the work is shown on your blog/flicker - and so I introduce Frog Stitch version 2.0 (which looks very similar to the original).

Other than Sharon's challenge, I have a few other goals for 2008.

1. Try to post regularly (weekly maybe) - shorter posts may be the best option.

2. I need to take up music again - I played violin all my life up until 4 years ago when I started graduate school. Now it's just been sitting in my sewing room. I think it's time to pick it up again.

3. I want to learn how to tat. I keep wanting to put those cute little rings on crazy quilts - I just need to learn how to do this (if anyone has a good resource please let me know).

4. I want to finish some of my UFOs - I don't have many but they're just sitting there taunting me.

5. I would like to make a conscious effort to tidy up more (ie do dishes promptly). Okay, this one has nothing to do with quilting/crafting, but it needed to get written up.

Those are all my big ideas so far.

I hope everyone has a happy and creative New Year!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Some really good goals there. Good luck with that this year. Did you write about blogging because of Pat's journal entry? If not, it's amazing that you both put your feelings about blogging into your posts today!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kathy Morrow said...

I am trying to teach myself tatting as I want to use it in my CQ also. I bought a DVD and needle set from www.hhtatting.com here in the States. You might want to check it out. Good Luck!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home